Wednesday, March 4, 2009

what is your barrier?

I went to Hazelwood West High School today to pick up a student for lunch. As I drove down the path to enter the school parking lot, this is what was sitting and waiting for me. As I pulled up, they signaled for me to roll down my window. They asked me a couple of questions: Why I was there? And what my name was? They then proceeded to write down my tag number as I drove into the parking lot. Now I understand the reasons for this. And I understand that to be able to pick up a student, I had to make it through a few barriers.

I believe that if we are honest with ourselves in this time of Lent and examining our lives, there may be a few things that are keeping us from passionately following Jesus. A few barriers.

Doubts
Fears
A sin we feel like we can't tell anyone about
Pride
Fact that we really don't understand what it means to follow Jesus
Bad Expectations of the Church
Religion

I hope that you will choose to face these things in the coming weeks. That you wouldn't allow anything to get the way of you following Jesus with everything you have. That you would be able to look back and see the barriers you had to make it through to find the real Jesus. What are the barriers that have been in your life or are in your life now?

Kyle



No comments:

Post a Comment