Sunday, March 22, 2009

Overcoming Obstacles



I often tell myself that I don't know if God could really do that (feel in the that for yourself) with me. I can find pretty good excuses:

I don't have the resources.
I don't know the right people.
I can't speak well.
I am young.

What if we really believed that God could use us...that he even WANTS to use us?

In Chicago I learned about a man named Wayne Gordon who began a church in the Lawndale Community. He had to overcome many things to accomplish what he felt God was calling him to do: a change in jobs, his family thought he was crazy, at the time it was the 15th poorest neighborhood in the United States, he was white and the community was 90% black and 5% Hispanic. It would have been easier for him to do something different but following Jesus isn't about just doing what is easy!

We are a little over half way through the season of lent. What is God teaching you or challenging you with? Will you respond or will you give excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment